What is Europavox ?
Since its creation in 2006, Europavox has become one of the key actors in the European popular music business, thanks to diverse actions:
- A main event bringing together almost 50 concerts and 25, 000 people for a festival in Clermont-Ferrand in (France) for 3 days
- A tour with European bands across France.
- Other concerts organized for special occasions: the 50th anniversary of the Rome treaty, the 25th anniversary of the ERASMUS program, festivals in other European countries (Sweden in 2009, Belgium in 2010). Artists from all over Europe and across all music genres (rock, electro, hip-hop, world…) perform during these events.
- Professional meetings of the whole European music industry.
- A European journalists circle: 70 musical journalists from 30 countries, exchange all year long and meet during the festival promoting the event and realizing the musical watch on all the European territory. This year, Cafebabel is a partner of the tour and the festival.
A tour focused on « Culture & citizenship »
From the 6th to the 17th of May, the Europavox tour will visit 13 French cities. In the framework of the next European election, which will take place on the 25th of May in France, the tour will involve debates with young people and concerts. 7 informal and dynamic debates will be placed inder the sign of various topics such as mobility, culture and most of all the importance of the coming elections.
Cafébabel will curate the debate organised by the Maison de l’Europe de Paris, on the 13th of May at the Maroquinerie. More information (in French) here.
06-May : ANGERS - Le Chabada
07-May : CLERMONT FERRAND - La Coopérative de Mai
09-May : BORDEAUX - I BOAT
11-May : LA ROCHELLE - La Sirène
12-May : TOURCOING - Le Grand Mix
13-May : PARIS - La Maroquinerie
14-May : DIJON - La Vapeur
15-May : MAGNY LE HONGRE - File 7
15-May : VILLEURBANNE - Le Transobrdeur
16-May : SANNOIS - L'EMB
16-May : NANCY - L'Autre Canal
17-May : REIMS - La Cartonnerie
17-May : RIS ORANGIS - Le Plan
The festival includes about 50 concerts and gathers 25, 000 festival-goers for 3 days in Clermont-Ferrand (Auvergne - France). This year, the festival will happen from the 5th to the 7th of June. Take a look at the line-up!
Are you a professional or amateur journalist? Are you interested in European culture and music? Would you like to cover the tour and the festival? We can help you! Contact Emeline asap (firstname.lastname@example.org).