Age : 26 or below (essential), you are a web ‘native’. You’re skilled with social networks. You prove this with your profound interest in participatory media and web 2.0 technologies. You speak French and English perfectly: another language would be a bonus.
You want to invest in an associative project for the future, at the heart of a transnational, motivated and young team (average age is 28).
Your aims :
- To animate and develop the e-community of ‘babelians’ registered on cafebabel.com (authors, translators, bloggers, local city hubs)
- To develop cafebabel.com’s presence in European social networks
- To promote cafebabel.com via strategic partnerships
Co-ordinate our volunteers, who are all over Europe – organising debates in their cities, in creating local blogs, in getting European university towns and cities bumping.
The participatory European network behind cafebabel.com is vast, with 9, 000 ‘babelians’ and 30 local city hubs – you will co-ordinate other physical event, activities and inter-associative partners. This contributes to valorise the energies and ideas of the volunteers. Use networks like Twitter and Facebook to collaborate effectively with our network and partners.
Animating the cafebabel.com e-community
- Updates of the editorial team’s blog, ‘coffeefactory’, and manage translations
- Run the cafebabel.com fanpage on Facebook
- Run the cafebabel.com page on Facebook
- Run the cafebabel.com Twitter page
- Diffuse contents published on cafebabel.com, the magazine, on partner websites
- Deal with web partnership offers
- Deal with event partner offers
- Send event and partnership newsletters
Developing communication tools
- Manage paper communication aids : brochures, visit cards, flyers …
‘Civic volunteer’ (‘Volontariat civique’ in French) for a 9 month period. You will receive 655€ net per month + the Paris travel card (pass navigo, zones 1-2), which will be reimbursed (receipts needed).
This position is officially open in Paris.You will work at the central editorial office of cafebabel.com (métro Strasbourg Saint-Denis)
Send a CV in French or English + a covering letter in English to Alexandre Heully, General delegate, here: firstname.lastname@example.org