Cafebabel.com is the first European media simultaenously translated into six languages: French, English, German, Italian, Spanish and Polish. Thanks to a unique network of volunteers across Europe and a strong central newsroom of professionals in Paris, cafebabel.com is a community of over 10,000 Babelians and 22 local associations in Europe.
Innovation in the field of participatory journalism, cafebabel.com sends its best monthly volunteer journalists to bring the freshest news and debate from across Europe. For the period 2010/2011 cafebabel.com was selected for two calls for proposals of the European Commission on issues of EU enlargement and ecology.
As part of its development, cafebabel.com recruits:
A EUROPEAN PROJECT MANAGER (H / F)
Under the supervision of the Commissioner General of the Association, in collaboration with the team in Paris, and in interaction with the network of local associations of cafebabel.com in Europe, you will be responsible for the
• Coordination of programme coverage and discussions of the magazine cafebabel.com in the countries of Southeast Europe (8 stories, 5 debates) and the EU countries (10 reports, 10 segments): Respect scheduling, coordination of local teams, logistics participating journalists.
• Organisation of 3 summer schools of the association (40), bringing together young European journalists, members of the network of partner organisations. These will be held in Istanbul, Nice and Paris: logistics participants, preparation of booklet of participants, synthesis and evaluation of participants.
• Project communication: communication partnerships with sites and partner organizations, media management communication to the network, running a blog dedicated to the project
• Organisation of a photographic exhibition of the best photographs taken in the reporting of logistics, communications
• The achievement of qualitative reports destined for the European Commission
• In higher education in European cultural project management, communication or political science, you are sensitive to social issues in Europe and more specifically those related to enlargement, ecology and the Balkans
• With a first significant experience in the field of project management in European or international dimension, you have the real capacity for organisation and management of remote partners.
• Sensitive to the voluntary commitment, you know how to build support around a collective project
• With good drafting skills in French or English, you know communicating on the Internet and communication partnerships
• English and French fluent, another language is a plus
• A good knowledge of cultural associations and in the Balkans and / or Europe would be a plus.
Fixed term contract (CDD) of 12-14 months. Salary: € 21,000 gross per year + 50% metro pass.
Position available immediately in Paris: 226 Rue Saint-Denis, 75002 Paris.
Send your application before July 28, 2010 by email only (CV in French + motivation letter in English) to Alexandre Heully, General Delegate to the following address email@example.com, with the subject header JOB APPLICATION: EUROPEAN PROJECT MANAGER
Thanks, good luck and look forward to hearing from you.